Monday, September 22, 2014

So.. That Happened.. Again.

I got on Twitter, after relaxing as often is the case, and, as has been the case lately. I see a lot of focus on "Feminism". So I figured, I would give a few words, on the issue. Now, because I am a male, this may very well upset a few people who might happen to read this. Honestly, I don't care, if you're somehow innate to the ability of processing what I'm saying, and you take it as the means of "bashing women" then you're ignorant. And I apologize for your inability to perceive something as more than that. Now that being said, I shall move into this.

I'm all for equality. But I disrespect with an entirety, the use of the word "Feminism". I don't disrespect the word with entirety based on the concept of wanting to be treated as equals, no. But, while you assert this concept that you are speaking on behalf of a particular lens (female/women parties) and there is some fear, that changing this lens focus, might somehow wade away the concentration on the particular topic and it's geared motion. I feel that individuals need be reminded, you are attempting to reach out to ask for equal status on this ground in which men have this ornate power structure, supposedly. Now before you start burning at the wick wanting to bite my head off, please continue to read first. I will explain the supposedly soon enough. At any rate, attempting to reach out to men, while thine choice is to inherit the name literally geared towards empowering women, comes across as "self-defeating" I mean, you cannot claim equality, and yet gear towards empowerment over the "evil men". Now Emma Watson's speech was very touching, very well posed, and, I felt that she was in a very good place with this. More so than has been in the past. But, here's where that 'supposedly' comes in.

Now, while I will agree. Women do-not make as much as the average white male. Women do-not have the same welcoming atmospheres and environments as the average white male. And women are all too often seen as "sexual objects". Emma did the right thing by starting to open the flood gate, but, she did not address it with a whole-heart either. I say this, because while you may focus on the sense of men being unable to address their feelings, and so forth you have to also dig deeper. How many men, are made to feel less than, because "Feminism" as a movement, while it is geared toward equality, all too-often welcomes misandry. How many of us, have never treated women as purely sexual objects, and can without a doubt say if she is working these hours, at this job, and Pete over here, for lack of a better name is working the same job for these hours. Then she, deserves the same rights, and pay as Pete. And, will defend that women shouldn't be viewed as "accepting of being raped/or willing to have sex" just because they happen to recount events with such detail only a short time later, or, that women should not be viewed as sex objects, based on the clothes they wear, and the means of which they hold themselves, anymore than men should. And yet, even being a person of such defenses, we have to hear things like: "Only men would do something that stupid." "Men are the cause of all chaos." "Men do this." "Men do that." and let us not forget, the ever undying joke of how "Men are pigs" which, let's be real, we can be, but, if someone is going to have the audacity to call me a "pig" let it be because I've done something to offend them personally, not because someone TEN YEARS AGO, did something to offend this puff-coated, arrogantly bold, little princess, by hurting her feelers, and now suddenly it's ALL MEN ARE PIGS.

How many men, have had their rights stripped from them, as parents, not because they were less-than when it came to providing, not because they did a damned thing wrong, in the sense of caring for the child, loving the child, being the father. And in some cases, even had the wife gain full custody, while she was the one poisoning the well, so to speak, where she would go on, to teach these children to hate their father, only because she could not make the relationship work. And the system allows for this on the basis that a mother is somehow more-relevant in a child's life than a father. On a basis, that women are some how more emotionally put together, then men. How many men, are degraded under the contexts that they should be able to handle tougher jobs, because men should just naturally be tougher, and the system sees it this way. And for those men who are hurt, by women in a former life, I grant that there will be some, who take it out on women, personally, I have yet to see it, but I mean it's a natural act, apparently, so I'm sure there has to be "some" out there. But, if we put one "male" (who didn't act like a chauvinistic pig) in a group of "feminists" and one "feminist" (who didn't play the misandry herself here to be fair) into a group of "men". Which group is more likely to tear the individual down. The group of feminists, or the group of "men"? Be honest now.

So, I said I would explain using the word "supposedly". I'm not using this in the sense "Your issues are not real" I'm using it in the sense "there are issues on both sides of the board, and you cannot blame all men, for your inability to receive fair treatment, anymore than I can blame you that society thinks I should be a cold-hearted stone of a son of a bitch, that should just accept the crap that gets thrown my way".

And so, finally, here it is, my final wording, on this issue. I support equality, and actually I see no reason for anyone to fight this, unless they are the persons in power, not wanting to pass the extra 30 cents. In which case, I hate the person in power, and I say, fuck the authoritarian prick who can't pull the cock out of his own ass, out of a fear that there be one other person more powerful than he is. But, I won't support feminism, because feminism does not currently create a concept of being about "equality" it has a focal lens placed solely on fixing women's problems, and while those problems very truly do exist. I do not support a woman proclaiming that her problems are anymore serious than ours. And I do not support, and frown upon greatly misandry, where in all men are to be blamed for the act of the one or few. And if you are one of the feminists, and reading this. If you can honestly say you've NEVER done this, then I applaud you, and I support you in your endeavors go forth brave woman of tomorrow, and do not fear change. However, if you look upon this, and you can honestly sit and think "Have I stated that men are pigs? Have I belittled a man for the sake of attempting to change paradigm?" And you figured out that you have. I am appalled at your behavior. You should be ashamed of yourself, because not only are you striking out at innocent people, but you're setting back a legit movement, with your bullshit, and I feel the need to remind you, if you have nothing nice to say or at least, cannot have the decency to say mean things about both sides, rather than simply pointing the finger at one party when it takes two to fuck shit up, then you should shut your mouth. Same goes to any men who do the same shit. That counts for you boys and your "she's a whore" antics too. She's not a whore just because she won't sleep with you, and in fact, that makes her the opposite, so shut the hell up. Thank you.

1 comment: